I acquired this info from Findmypast immediately:
Search Surrey tales and a lot extra
In case you’ve received roots within the Larger London space, you could simply discover the identify of an ancestor or two amongst this week’s new additions.
In case you’ve received ancestors from the Larger London space, this week’s launch is for you, as we have added over 40,000 Non-Conformist parish information from Southwark. With each photographs and transcriptions accessible, these 4 fascinating new units span two centuries of historical past.
We have additionally added 4 brand-new titles to our newspaper collection, with a complete of 302,872 new pages accessible so that you can discover. Learn on for a full rundown of all that is been added.
The primary of this week’s thrilling new units is Surrey, Southwark Baptisms, which incorporates 11,354 information spanning from 1801 to 1923. With each photographs and transcriptions accessible, there are such a lot of wealthy particulars to find.
These information are from registers created by Southwark’s Non-Conformist denominations, from Baptist, Congregational (Unbiased), and Methodist chapels throughout the London borough. These denominations usually created baptism registers much like England’s Anglican parishes, that means that these information are much like our Church of England parish baptisms.
This week’s second new set is a set of Non-Conformist marriages, additionally from the Surrey parish of Southwark. There are 896 information to discover, masking 1867 to 1939.
They derive from congregations throughout Southwark – together with chapels close to the Thames in Bermondsey and Borough, and others additional south, in Peckham and Camberwell.
Subsequent up, we have additionally added Non-Conformist burial information from Southwark. Inside this brand-new set, there are 1,915 information to discover, masking the years 1781 to 1860. In case you’ve managed to hint the London branches of your family tree again so far as the 18th century, this assortment is to not be missed.
These burial information are from Independents (Congregationalists), that are a part of the United Reformed Church. They arrive particularly from the York Road Chapel, Walworth, and the Colliers Rents Unbiased Chapel, Southwark.
Along with baptisms, marriages, and burials, we have additionally added 24,844 Non-Conformist congregational information for Southwark, spanning the years 1804 to 1984.
Together with all the things from Sunday College admission registers and pledge books to dues (tax) registers, this different set information the lifetime of Southwark’s Non-Conformist neighborhood. You will discover each photographs and transcriptions for every document, though the data included is determined by the kind of document.
We’re going again to highschool with this week’s newspaper launch, which sees the addition of the all-new Schoolmaster and Edinburgh Weekly Magazine to our assortment. We have added three additional titles from London, Liverpool, and Kent, too.
However that is not all – we have additionally up to date an intensive listing of 26 of our present titles. With a grand whole of 302,872 model new pages, there are such a lot of thrilling tales to be found.
- Epsom Journal, 1871-1896, 1898-1899, 1901-1902
- Kent Instances, Tonbridge and Sevenoaks Examiner, 1858-1859, 1861-1862
- Liverpool Saturday’s Advertiser, 1823, 1826-1828, 1830-1832
- Schoolmaster and Edinburgh Weekly Journal, 1832-1833
Up to date titles:
- Armley and Wortley Information, 1898
- Banbury Advertiser, 1912
- Banbury Beacon, 1901
- Bayswater Chronicle, 1892, 1894-1895, 1897, 1901-1908
- Bury Free Press, 1979
- Croydon Advertiser and East Surrey Reporter, 1986-1989 1997
- Devizes and Wilts Advertiser, 1872
- Donegal Vindicator, 1914
- Dumfries and Galloway Commonplace, 1986
- Gloucester Citizen, 1992-1993
- Liverpool Each day Publish, 1921, 1923, 1927-1929, 1953, 1955, 1979, 1999
- Liverpool Weekly Mercury, 1908, 1913
- Middleton Guardian, 1995
- North British Advertiser & Women’ Journal, 1995
- Northfleet and Swanscombe Commonplace, 1897
- Ormskirk Advertiser, 1858, 1861-1862, 1892, 1895, 1898, 1900, 1909, 1924, 1935-1936
- Rochdale Observer, 1897, 1902, 1904-1905, 1920, 1932, 1951, 1961, 1966, 1985, 1988, 1996, 1998-1999
- Saturday Telegraph (Grimsby), 1905
- Sherborne Mercury, 1784-1788, 1795
- South London Observer, 1889-1894
- Southern Weekly Information, 1910
- Southport Visiter, 1904-1906
- Southwark and Bermondsey Recorder, 1921-1933
- Welshman, 1894
- Widnes Weekly Information and District Reporter, 1878, 1883-1886, 1890-1891, 1893-1895, 1897-1904, 1906-1908, 1910-1911, 1982
- Wiltshire County Mirror, 1875, 1910
Disclosure: I’ve a complimentary subscription to Findmypast, and have accepted meals and providers from Findmypast, as a Findmypast Ambassador. This has not affected my objectivity relative to Findmypast and its merchandise.
Copyright (c) 2023, Randall J. Seaver
Notice that every one feedback are moderated, and will not seem instantly.
Please touch upon this put up on the web site by clicking the URL above after which the “Feedback” hyperlink on the backside of every put up. Share it on Twitter, Fb, or Pinterest utilizing the icons beneath. Or contact me by e mail at [email protected].
#Findmypast #Friday #Search #Surrey #Tales